Our apprenticeship and trainee scheme – which has been running for more than 40 years – has continued to attract and develop top talent this year. We currently have eight apprentices and three graduate trainees working for us, all supported by their mentors to expand their industry knowledge and gain vital, practical experience.
One of our most recent is trade apprentice Liam Tynan. A former construction labourer, Liam was inspired to become an apprentice after watching specialist tradespeople on site. He is now completing his Level 2 in Carpentry and Joinery at West Herts College.
Another recent recruit is Jordan McAuley who is completing the first year of his degree in Construction Management at Westminster University. His training involves working across different departments at our head office, including procurement, finance, and marketing to broaden his understanding of each area.
Our current cohort of talented apprentices and trainees also includes:
- Tahir Akthar and Stanford Gezi, who are both in the second year of their degree in Quantity Surveying at Westminster University.
- Andre Amoah who is completing his Level 6 in Construction Site Management and has been working with our site team on our Stamford Road development.
- Rahul Tank who is in the third year of his degree in Quantity Surveying at Westminster University and has been working with our Special Works team to complete the refurbishment of Alexandra Library.
- Anesti Qamili who is completing the fourth year of his degree in Quantity Surveying at Westminster University and supporting our senior surveyor on the Stamford Road development.
- Basit Abdul who is completing the last year of his degree in Construction Management at UCEM and has also been working on the Alexandra Library project.
- Paris Rackliff, our Assistant Estimator, who has begun her Master’s degree in Building Surveying.
- Morgan Farnham and Louis Lee Warner, both English graduates, have joined us as bid and marketing trainees, supporting our Bid and Marketing Manager with our quality tender submissions, as well as marketing and communications activities.
Diamond Build Group offers training opportunities at all levels and across a variety of roles, including quantity surveying, site management, estimating, bid and marketing and multi-trade apprenticeships. Following several new contract wins, we are seeking more trade apprentices to join us and look forward to continuing to strengthen our team, and our business, in the year ahead.