The overall project for Riverside included a new extension building and working on a busy School site that supports a student population experiencing a wide range of general, severe, profound and complex learning difficulties, including autism. The new facility provides new art and music amenities together with the supportive therapy and multi-sensory teaching resources required to effectively meet special needs. Internal and external works were successfully delivered to a tight programme, supervised by Diamond Build’s site management staff and direct workforce, with support from members of our specialist supply chain.
Document M fixtures and fittings were added to the existing toilets to bring them up to DDA standard and a motorised Guildman GH3 hoist system was installed on a ceiling mounted straight track rail. Adaptations to the sprinkler system and completion of the mechanical, electrical and public health installations were also completed. External works to the roof were undertaken, together with car park preparation and fencing repairs. Internal works comprised flooring and decorations to the facility and
the installation of an acoustic glazed panel.
Our scope of works included:
- Completion of mechanical, electrical and public health installations.
- Complete internal decorations as well as new pin boards, shelving, sinks and storage cabinets to
the art room.
- DDA upgrades to existing facilities.
- Installation of carpet / vinyl floor finishes, acoustic glazed panel.
- Roof Repairs.
- Soft landscaping, paving, car park preparation and fencing.