The original Triangle Centre was largely destroyed by fire, eradicating essential local amenities including a Post Office. The new site comprises 6 retail units (2 extra units in addition to the original 4), and residential accommodation in the form of 4 two bedroom apartments and 1 one bedroom apartment. The centre has been brick built with an increased parking provision of 25 spaces.
The Council took the opportunity to add residential accommodation above the shops as part of the improved layout, which also helped increase the security to the Retail Units below. The new dwellings were built for private rental through the Council’s housing management company and required fitting out to a high specification. Building works were undertaken with the additional site challenge that one of the commercial leaseholders needed to keep trading from a temporary unit throughout.
We undertook the full design, construction, commissioning, defects rectification and initial site clearance. Key project elements included:
- Construction and specialist Fit-Out of the new Residential and Retail Units.
- Some Retailers in occupation throughout and with early re-occupation to maintain businesses.
- New Car Park, access drive and hard landscaping works.
- Soft landscaping and planting.
- Extensive new Fire Safety Systems including new Sprinkler Systems and Fire Doors.
Another particular project goal was using local supply chain members (40% of all Operatives were local) and supporting local employment. Several local apprentices and other workers were recruited and permanently employed.